Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
QSO invites applications from motivated, talented individuals with an outstanding academic record to join our dedicated scientific team as postgraduate students.
PhD and Master Scholarships are available for full-time studies. The applicants are advised to carefully read about specific requirements and the application procedure.
What is required for a PhD application:
1. PhD Admission Application form
2. Doctoral Scholarship Application form for International Applicants
For the application forms, follow this link.
You should attach the following with the application forms:
2. Academic Record and your home institution grading explanation
3. Two Reference Letters
4. English language certification i.e. IELTS or TOEFL*
5. Letter of application
6. Research Proposal (1 page)
See also further details here.
Send all documents to email@example.com.
See also this link that will give you an overview of PhD study at Otago.
Please contact a QSO lead investigator to discuss particular projects.
*Please NOTE the score of English language tests (IELTS or TOEFL) should be as mentioned below or higher, otherwise an Otago PhD scholarship cannot be provided:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 in the academic module (with no indivudual band below 6.0)
- Paper-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 587 with TWE (Test of Written English) score of 4.5
- Internet-based TOEFL score of 95 with a minimum writing score of 22
- CPE Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English with a grade of B or higher
- University of Otago Foundation Studies Ltd: Completion of “English for Postgraduate Academic Purposes” with a grade of C or higher
The Centre for Quantum Science is a University of Otago Research Centre hosted by the Department of Physics.
ashton.bradley [at] otago.ac.nz
niels.kjaergaard [at] otago.ac.nz